Saturday 6 December 2008

Argentina: Alejandro Gomez Aware Of European Interest

Arsenal de Sarandi midfielder Alejandro Gomez has admitted that he would be content to move to Europe in January, but insists that there has been no concrete approach for his services.

Gomez, 20, has played a part in all but one of Arsenal's Apertura 2008 fixtures, scoring six goals in the process and further enhancing his reputation as one of the most exciting upcoming talents in Argentine football.

Rumours suggest that clubs in Italy and Germany are keeping tabs on the attacking midfielder's progress, although Gomez prefers to focus on Arsenal until an official offer is tabled.

"A lot of things are talked about, but I have not been informed of anything by the club. There are rumours of scouts coming to watch me, but there is nothing concrete," he told Olé.

"I do not know if my last appearance in SarandĂ­ will come on Saturday. I have spoken to my agent and he has advised me that there are currently no offers."

Presuming a move to European does materialise in the January transfer window, Gomez is not picky when it comes to his destination.

"I don't have any preference. I like all European football," he concluded.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

which german clubs?

Nick D said...

The identity of the interested sides is as yet unknown. The speculation is based on some German and Italian scouts watching Gomez in recent weeks.

I presume you ask as you follow a specific German side. If not, which team do you think would be on the lookout for a second striker/attacking midfielder in January?

Anonymous said...

I am from Germany and i look every week the german football.
Its difficult to say, which he chance, but candidates in my eyes are:
FC Schalke 04
Hamburger SV
VfL Wolfsburg
VfB Stuttgart

That are the Clubs, the need this part of a player and have the money for him.
Perhaps I am mistaken ...