Saturday 8 November 2008

Brazil: Robinho "I Can Be Best In The World At City"

Brazilian superstar Robinho believes that he can prove himself to be the best player in the world at Manchester City following his transfer deadline-day move from Real Madrid.

The 24 year old has enjoyed a generally positive start to his career at the Eastlands, scoring six goals, including a hat-trick against Stoke, and providing a number of assists for his team-mates.

In an interview with Brazilian sports paper Placar, Robinho indicated that he is happy with the start he has made in the Premier League.

"It has gone well… I have a good scoring average for someone who is not a number nine.

"I want to score more goals, but, if team-mates are in better positions, then I am happy to provide assists as they are just as important to the team."

Many have questioned his move to City, especially considering that he left Real Madrid in order to join them, but Robinho believes that the Eastlands will provide him with the perfect stage upon which to display his talent to the world.

"I can definitely achieve my objectives here, and I will," he affirmed.

"Many people will say it is difficult to do so at a team like this, but I believe it to be easier because I am the focal point here. At Madrid, I was only used for the important games."

Robinho joined a burgeoning Brazilian contingent at City when he agreed to spearhead the Abu Dhabi revolution and he believes that striker Jô can be a national team regular if he maintains his current fine form.

"Jô is playing very well. If he continues to improve then he is certain to be part of the squad for the 2010 World Cup," he explained.

The City supporters have taken Robinho in with open arms since his €42.5million move and the forward admitted that he is slightly overwhelmed by the strength of the positive reaction he has received.

"It has been amazing; they treat me like Maradona here.

"It is slightly embarrassing, but I hope to repay their faith with my performances on the pitch," he concluded.

No comments: