Tuesday 13 November 2007

Ustari Poised For Move Away From Getafe?

The future of young Argentine goalkeeper Oscar Ustari looks uncertain after Getafe president Angel Torres confirmed that they are looking for a solution to Ustari's current lack of playing time.

Getafe bought Ustari from Independiente for 6million Euros in the summer, but he has seen has chances limited to a few games whilst first-choice goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri was injured.

Torres confirmed that this situation cannot continue:

"We are going to hope to see what happens, but Ustari cannot continue without playing. Either another club will purchase him or he will go away on loan to a club where they guarantee to me that he is going to play."

This news is sure to alert many clubs, as Ustari is held in high-regard throughout the footballing world, with Getafe's capture of the young goalkeeper in the summer seen as a real catch for the small Spanish side. It seems that they realise this and are ready to cash in on Ustari come January, if they cannot find a suitable club to take him on loan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting news. That's a good catch. Ustari definitely needs to be playing in order to continue his growth and development as a goalkeeper for the good of his nation and his own personal success.

I love that you reported a goalkeeper story, I am going to do a post on this and give your site the credit. Also, I'd love to exchange links. My site is Only Goalkeeping, and, as you may have guessed, it's all about goalkeepers and the world of goalkeeping. I'll have the link to your site up in a few minutes, so if you would be so kind I'd love to have a link here. Just let me know what you think. You can email me at onlygoalkeeping@gmail.com. Keep up the great blogging! Cheers!

-JDJ