Friday 19 December 2008

Brazil: Marcelo Moreno Yearns For Cruzeiro Return

Bolivian striker Marcelo Moreno has indicated that he would be happy to return to former club Cruzeiro at the turn of the year, but believes that his current employers Shakhtar Donetsk would be unlikely to sanction such a move.

Shakhtar paid a reported €9million for Moreno in May of this year, but the 21 year old has thus far struggled to make the expected impact in the Ukraine, and seems to be missing the affection afforded him by the Cruzeiro supporters.

"I miss the fans chanting my name when I entered the field or scored a goal. It is certain that I feel homesick when I think of the Cruzeiro fans," he told GloboEsporte.

Considering his feelings, it is unsurprising that Moreno would consider a move back to Cruzeiro, although he knows that such a deal may be difficult to pull off.

"From my point of view I would be happy to return at any time, but you would have to ask the owners of Cruzeiro about whether that will happen," he explained.

"...the problem is Shakhtar, so the Cruzeiro directors would have to negotiate with them. If a move is possible that I would be content to take a pay-cut.

"The difficulty comes in convincing the owners of Shakhtar to let me go."