Monday 10 November 2008

Brazil: Romario Wants Ronaldo At Flamengo

Brazilian striking legend Romario has indicated that he would love to see Ronaldo pull on the shirt of Flamengo during an interview with Brazilian sports paper 'Globoesporte'.

Romario left Barcelona to join Flamengo in 1995 and enjoyed another two spells at the Rubro-Negro during the nineties, sandwiched between his time in Spain with Valencia. He admits that the club still holds a special place in his heart.

"I identify myself closely with the supporters of Flamengo," he explained.

"I played there for five years and had a great time."

With Ronaldo making progress in his return from a career threatening knee injury, Romario believes that it would be a great coup for Flamengo and the Brazilian league in general if they could sign the three-time world player of the year.

"He is an expensive player, but like the fans of Flamengo I think it would be great to see a player of his talent in our football, especially in Rio," he affirmed.

During his playing days, Romario was notorious for his off the field activities and his general dislike of training. He was asked his opinion on Adriano and Ronaldinho - two players that appear to share these same traits.

"Everyone knows that I have always had two sides. I did what I wanted, but I could always be counted upon on match day.

"They have the right to make the best of their lives, but also have a duty to arrive on the pitch and give their best.

"I believe they are still players that can prove valuable to Brazil," he concluded.

No comments: