Tuesday 20 November 2007

Rafinha: I am Prepared for Brazil Chance

Schalke 04 right back Rafinha believes he is ready to play for the full Brazilian national team, after impressing for his club side so far this season.

He told Placar:

"Already I go to dispute my third Bundesliga and am participating in the Champions League for the second time, always defending well and making goals.

"I am prepared. I am certain that the coach is observing my performances and I will soon have a chance..."

Rafinha, 22, is known to have been a massive fan of Cafu while growing up and the former Coritiba player is now looking to follow in his hero's footsteps by representing Brazil at right back.

Rafinha's age will make him eligible for Brazil's Olympic Games campaign next year, which could prove to be his path into the full squad if he is picked and performs well in that tournament.

In an interesting aside, Placar described Rafinha as playing "in the land of the beer." Nice to know that the German stereotype carries all the way to South America!

No comments: